Terms and conditions for
Organiser: JBO-ARC AVENTURES offers snowshoeing excursions that are led by Philippe Caubet, a trained mountain guide.
Winter season: From 10th December 2022 to 29th April 2023
Participation: Participation in this activity requires a good level of health and fitness (for any special circumstances, contact us directly) and appropriate mountain attire. Participants must meet the physical and mental requirements to follow all instructions and safety guidelines. Those taking part must be aware of and accept the inherent risks of this activity.
The mountain guide who plans and leads this activity offers snowshoeing excursions for half and full days and for a variety of skill levels. Participants should only sign up for those that suit their personal level of fitness.
Safety: The schedule of activities depends on the snow and weather conditions as well as the ability/ level of the participants.
For participants who do not follow the instructions and safety guidelines, the activity will be stopped and no refund will be given. Third party accidents: In the event of an accident caused by a third party involving one of the participants, the guide and JBO-ARC AVENTURES are not obliged to ascertain the identity or contact details of the third party. As such, no responsibility falls on the guide or the JBO-ARC AVENTURES.
Insurance: Participants must be have their own insurance. The JBO-ARC AVENTURES company is insured by MMA, whose registered office is located at 10 BD A. OYON 72000 LE MANS the contracts quoted hereafter guarantee its professional liability: – Contract No 119.745.222
The JBO-ARC AVENTURES subcontracts the snowshoeing activity with Philippe Caubet, the Mountain guide, who organises and supervises the activity under his own legal responsibility. It is up to Philippe Caubet to respect his obligations towards the Departmental Direction of Youth and Sport.
Reservations and Bookings: Excursions can be booked for specific dates and times via our website arc-aventures.com, by phone, at our offices in Arc 1800 and Bourg St Maurice or at the offices of our partners. All bookings depend on availability.
Payment in full is required to confirm a booking.
– Online bookings: when customers make a booking online they can alter products in their basket and their booking information until the moment they pay via the secure payment system. Upon receipt of the full payment, JBO-ARC AVENTURES acknowledges the booking via e-mail and after it has been processed a confirmation email is sent.
> Right of withdrawal: In accordance with article L.221-18 of the Consumer Code, the consumer does not benefit from a right of withdrawal when booking activities provided on a specific date or period online.
– For sales by phone: Bookings are made with the necessary participant information and are followed by the payment in full by bank card. Upon receipt of this payment JBO-ARC AVENTURES sends the confirmation email (bank transfers can sometimes be accepted depending on the circumstances).
> Right of withdrawal: In accordance with article L.221-18 of the Consumer Code, the consumer does not benefit from a right of withdrawal when booking activities provided on a specific date or period by telephone.
– For in-office sales: Bookings are made with the necessary participant information and are confirmed once the payment has been made in full (by cash or bank card).
Special booking conditions: As part of a group (2 people or more), the person booking is responsible for making the participation conditions and the general terms and conditions known to all the participants. In the event of a breach or non-compliance with said conditions, there will be no refunds or exchanges even if one of the participants is unable to participate in the activity.
Prices: Our prices are available on arc-aventures.com in our brochure, in our offices and in our partner’s offices. Our prices include the excursion lead by a trained mountain guide, a pair of snowshoes and a pair of poles per participant. Discounts are only valid under the following circumstances:
– With a valid voucher from one of our commercial partners
– For purchases made at our sales office, not including online sales
Only one discount can be used at a time and they cannot be combined or used retroactively (e.g. after a sale has already been processed and/or payed for).
Applicable discounts are only valid for the current winter season of 2022-2023 and can be altered at any time by JBO-ARC AVENTURES.
Cancellations/ alteration of a booking by participants:
– If participants have taken out cancellation insurance they should refer to the terms of their policy.
– If participants can provide a medical certificate justifying the cancellation at least 24 hours in advance of the activity, JBO-ARC AVENTURES will refund the place of the person named on said certificate (and only that person).
-If participants are late or do not take part in an activity there will be no refunds or exchanges possible.
Cancellations/ alteration of bookings by JBO-ARC AVENTURES:
JBO – Arc Aventures and the guide reserve the right to cancel or stop any activities, for example in the event of unavoidable circumstances. Such circumstances include but are not limited to: the closure of the resort, ski slopes or ski lifts and weather conditions making access to the resort dangerous.
In such an event the JBO – Arc Aventures will refund the total amount paid by the customer.
Cancellations due to COVID:
In the following circumstances customers will be entitled to a full refund of bookings made and paid for with the JBO-ARC AVENTURES:
– All governmental, prefectural and administrative decisions relating to the Covid-19 which make it impossible to do the activity or come to Les Arcs.
– If quarantine periods are mandatory for tourists coming into France from abroad.
– If the borders are closed.
Photos/ videos: We use photos and videos taken during our activities on our social networks. In accordance with the laws concerning an individual’s image, any participant can notify us if they do not wish their image to be used.
Data protection: Arc Aventures collects personal data * via its website and its in-office sales staff for the sole purpose of responding to requests for information concerning bookings, file monitoring and proper maintenance of its computer databases and schedules. Any individual has the right to access, modify, rectify and delete data concerning them (art.34 of the Data Protection Act) – via an e-mail to be sent to the address below.
* Telephone data: according to article L. 223-2 of the consumer code, you have a free right to oppose this canvassing.
Complaints: Any complaints must be sent in writing with supporting documents to the management of JBO-ARC AVENTURES – BP 30 – 73700 Bourg Saint Maurice France as soon as possible. In the event of a complaint not being resolved, please contact the appropriate mediator: Sas Médiation Solution – 222 chemin de la Bergerie – 01800 Sant Jean de Niost – Tel. +33 (0)4 82 53 93 06 – sasmediationsolution-conso
As the organisers of these activities, JBO-ARC AVENTURES take no responsibility:
– For any accidents/ injuries which may occur during the activity. They also take no responsibility for those who book whilst falsely claiming to meet the necessary participation conditions or in the event of any participants behaving in an unsafe manner be it due to stress or panic.
– For any damage to or loss of personal belongings.
By booking you acknowledge being informed of and agreeing to our terms and conditions.
JBO-ARC AVENTURES / Les Tournavelles
Village des Villards Arc 1800 – 73700 Bourg Saint Maurice
Post: BP 30 – 73706 Bourg St Maurice Cedex
Tél. +33 (0)4 79 07 60 00 – email@example.com
SIRET 518 528 179 00014