Winter season opening dates: The Ecole de Ski Internationale des Arcs is open from 10th December 2022 to 29th April 2023.
French school holiday periods (dates from Sunday to Saturday):
– Non-school holiday periods: from 10/12/2022 to 17/12/2022, from 01/01/2023 to 04/02/2023 and from 05/03/2023 to 08/04/2022.
– School holiday periods: from 18/12/2022 to 31/12/2022, from 05/02/2023 to 04/03/2023 and from 09/04/2023 to 29/04/2023.
Lessons must be booked in advance.
Taking part: Participation in lessons requires a good level of health and fitness (for special cases please contact us), clothing and equipment designed for winter sports, respectful behaviour during lessons towards the instructor and other participants as well as compliance with instructions and advice.
Minimum number of participants: Group lessons, All Mountain and Free Ride lessons, whether for children and adults, require a minimum of 4 participants per level.
Children from 3 to 4 years old: When booking lessons for children between the ages of 3 and 4 years old, proof of age must be shown.
Participant levels: The homogeneity of the participants’ levels contributes to the smooth running of the lessons. Since the level cannot be checked in advance, the participant is responsible for signing up for the right group. Consequently, the Ecole de Ski Internationale des Arcs and its instructors reserve the right to transfer any participant with a level higher or lower than the overall group to another that better suits their level (should such a group be open and have free spaces). The participant will not be able to claim any refund or any compensation for this as it was their responsibility when booking.
Teachers: Our instructors are state-certified professionals in their specialities (or are preparing for their state qualification). The feasibility of any lesson is subject to the judgement of the instructor depending on the weather conditions, snow conditions and the skill levels of the participants.
Third party accidents: In the event of an accident caused by a third party involving one of the participants, the instructor and Ecole de Ski Internationale des Arcs are not obliged to ascertain the identity or contact details of the third party. As such, no responsibility falls to the instructor or the Ecole de Ski Internationale des Arcs.
Insurance / Ski passes: Our services do not include insurance. We strongly recommend that each customer take out specialised winter sport insurance, such as the ‘Carré Neige’ and check whether the following is covered: personal injury, rescue and transportation, non-participation in lessons, equipment hire/ theft and cancellation costs.
Each participant must have their ski pass at the start of the lesson, unless otherwise informed by us (sometimes in special cases of beginner level children)
Booking & Payments: Bookings can be made for specific dates and time-slots via our website
arc-aventures.com, by phone or at one of our offices.
– For online sales: Customers can choose products and modify their basket and information up until they have paid via the secure payment system. Upon receipt of full payment, the Ecole de Ski Internationale des Arcs will acknowledge that the booking has been received by email. When the order has been fully processed the customer will receive their booking confirmation.
Right of withdrawal: In accordance with article L.221-18 of the Consumer Code, the consumer does not benefit from a right of withdrawal when booking online lessons to be taken on a specific date or over a specific period.
– For phone bookings: Bookings must be made with all the necessary customer information. It is followed by a payment in full by bank card or bank transfer. When the order has been fully processed the customer will receive their booking confirmation.
Right of withdrawal: In accordance with article L.221-18 of the consumer code, the consumer does not benefit from a right of withdrawal when booking over the phone lessons to be taken on a specific date or over a specific period.
For bookings made at our offices: Bookings must be made with all the necessary customer information and are confirmed only when payment in full has been made by cash or bank card.
Prices / Commercial agreement: Our prices are available on arc-aventures.com in our brochure and displayed in our offices. Our prices include the following: private or group teaching by our instructors, the medal for children or teenagers taking part in group lessons for a total of 5, 6 or 12 consecutive half-days as well as the All Mountain and Free Ride courses and, for adults in the Ski Plus Beginner group only, the 6-day lift pass for Les Arcs and Peisey Vallandry.
Any discount within the framework of our commercial agreement is only valid:
– Upon presentation of valid proof from one of our partner companies.
– For purchases made at one of our sales offices, excluding online bookings made at arc-aventures.com.
Discounts cannot be combined and cannot be applied once the booking has been processed or payment has been made.
Discounts are applicable from 10/10/2022 when bookings open for the 2022-2023 winter season and may be modified at any time by the Ecole de Ski Internationale des Arcs.
Cancellations or interruptions made by the customer / Refunds:
Cancellation of a booking before the beginning of lessons:
– if the customer has taken out “Carré Neige” insurance with cancellation cover, the insurance providers will take responsibility of the cancellation request
– if the customer has taken out a different cancellation insurance than the “Carré Neige”, they must consult the terms and conditions thereof.
Any modification or cancellation of private lessons must be conveyed to the l’Ecole de Ski Internationale des Arcs at least 48 hours in advance otherwise the customer cannot claim any refund.
Interruption during lessons:
– in the absence of a participant at the start of the lessons, they will not be refunded or offered an exchange for another product.
– in the event of a participant sustaining an injury that prevents them from continuing lessons, they must consult the conditions of their cancellation insurance.
Cancellations or interruption by the Ecole de Ski Internationale des Arcs / Refunds:
The Ecole de Ski Internationale des Arcs reserves the right to cancel or stop the lessons, particularly in the event of unavoidable circumstances. Such circumstances include but are not limited to: the total closure of the ski slopes or ski lifts and weather conditions making access to the slopes dangerous.
In such an event the Ecole de Ski Internationale des Arcs will refund the total amount paid by the customer.
Cancellations due to COVID:
In the following circumstances customers will be entitled to a full refund of bookings made and paid for with the ESI in Les Arcs:
– All governmental, prefectural, and administrative decisions relating to the Covid-19 safety regulations.
– If quarantine periods are mandatory for tourists coming into France from abroad.
– If the borders are closed.
Photos and videos: We use photos and videos taken during our lessons on our social networks. Please inform us beforehand in writing if you do not wish to be photographed or videoed or your consent will be taken as given by default.
Data protection: The Ecole de Ski Internationale des Arcs collects personal data * via its website and its sales staff for the purpose of responding to requests for information and bookings, keeping up-to-date client files and for good maintenance of its computer databases and schedules. Customers have the right to access, modify and delete their data (art.34 of the Data Protection Act) and to do so should make a request by email to the address below.
* Telephone data: according to article L. 223-2 of the consumer code, you have the right to subscribe to the list of opposition to canvassing.
Complaints / Legal Action: Complaints must be sent in writing with supporting documents to the Ecole de Ski Internationale des Arcs management at BP 28 – 73700 Bourg Saint Maurice as soon as possible. In the event of a complaint not being resolved, please contact our mediator: Sas Médiation Solution – 222 chemin de la Bergerie – 01800 Sant Jean de Niost – Tel. +33 (0) 4 82 53 93 06 – sasmediationsolution-conso
By booking customers acknowledge being informed of and accepting our terms and conditions
Ecole de Ski Internationale des Arcs
Offices: Les Tournavelles – Les Villards Arc 1800 – 73700 Bourg Saint Maurice
Post: ESI – BP 28 – 73706 Bourg Saint Maurice Cedex
Phone. +33 (0) 4 79 07 60 02 – email@example.com
Siret: 381 364 157 00010 / RC 104 155 800 – MMA Azzuro Assurances 05000 Gap